27.10.08

"modern women cry, modern women don't cry"


The following images are of my creative collaborator, María Félix , a.k.a. nervosa cringe.
They are representative of Maria's passion for film, mexican wrestling, and soaps 
In addition to the fact that they I feel that they really express the wants and desires of the modern woman, I chose them for their expressiveness.

nervosa's new man, 2008


despite all my rage, 2008


hairballoon, 2008




Chiharu Shiota, Waiting, 2008

I love the unmistakable work of Chiharu Shiota for its release of trapped emotion and
for its hugeness.  


Magdalina Abakanowicz, Red Abakan, 1969

In addition to its historical relevance, I appreciate this piece for its ability to simultaneously impact me physically, emotionally and intellectually.
It is 1 of 120 included in the Vancouver Artgallery's homage to Art and the Feminist Revolution running from 4 October - 11 JAnuary 2009.





I'm interested in this work for its boundary pushing integration of new media, text, and human interaction. Camille Utterback's recent work explores the same concept using color and organic shape.
The Milwaukee Art Museum is housing the work of Camille Utterback as part "Act/React", an exhibition dedicated to "intuitive, digitally developed art".

No comments: